Use this section as a guide to the prayer points on each topic of prayer. For example, when praying for the peace of Jerusalem use the suggested requests under Relationships, Restoration, Leadership and Communities and pray them out under each topic. The topics are mostly the numbered items under the 2018 Fasting and Prayer Program. There are about 40 items of prayer which means you can pray on one broad topic per day. This is only a guide, please, allow the Holy Spirit to be your Supreme Guide
Main Scriptural Reference:
II Chronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
Genesis 1:28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
Psalm 14: 7 Oh that the salvation of Israel were come out of Zion! When the Lord bringeth back the captivity of his people, Jacob shall rejoice, and Israel shall be glad.
Jeremiah 31:7 For thus saith the Lord; sing with gladness for Jacob and shout among the chief of the nations: proclaim ye, praise ye and say, Oh Lord, save thy people, the remnant of Israel.
II Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new
1 Corinthians 4:20 For the kingdom of God is not in word, but in power.
Romans 14:17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.
2 Corinthians 10:3-5 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;) Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ
Ephesians 6:12-13 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
- Under each topic pray that God will restore the people, communities, institutions, systems, ideas and country back to Himself. Repent on their behalf, confess their sins as your sins, humble yourself on their behalf and ask God to fulfill His promise of forgiveness, healing and restoration of their land and estate.
- Ask God to restore them back to His kingdom of power, love, righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Ghost.
- Ask God to restore His image in them and enable them to be fruitful, multiply, replenish the earth and subdue it as was His purpose in creation. Ask God to empower them to have dominion over everything that is in the sea, in the air and on the earth – spirit or material – as was His purpose in creation.
- Under each topic pray that God will reveal Himself through the Holy Spirit to establish loving relationships with the people, communities, institutions, systems, ideas and country through Jesus Christ the Son of the Living God.
- Pray that God will enable them to love Him back, to humble themselves, to pray, to seek His face and turn from their wicked ways to serve the LORD.
- Pray that they will love the Lord with all their heart, mind, strength, soul and spirit, and seek to please him by faith while persevering in hope
- Pray that they will love their neighbors and use their talent and resources to help others who are in need.
- Under each topic pray that God will develop each person, community, institution, system, country or idea into servant leaders with the spirit of Christ, cultivating the fruit of the Spirit, pursuing holy lives and peace with all people. Genesis 1: 28, Mark 9:35
- Pray that God will help them desire and discover their spiritual gifts and use them to help others find healing, peace, and purpose in their lives. I Corinthians 12, 13, 14 & Ephesians 4
- Pray that God will revive the churches in each people-group, community, country and denomination to pursue the true purpose of God for their communities.
- Pray that believers will not only focus on their own needs and blessing, but on the needs and blessings of others -willing to deny themselves the pleasures of this world and become disciples of Christ – who are dedicated to growing spiritually and mentoring others to become like Christ.
- Pray that God will raise up believers (like in Psalm 15) who live blameless and holy lives committed to making disciples that make other disciples until the whole earth is filled with the knowledge of the LORD as Jesus commanded in Matthew 28:19-20
- On the day of your spiritual warfare prayer, take each section above and pray against any negative force, or power, or spiritual wickedness, or system, or principality, or spiritual rulers, or demons, or witchcraft, or Satan himself that is working against the people, or community, or institution, or country, or idea, to thwart the purpose and will of God for them, bind and cast them out and place them under the feet of Jesus
- Put on by faith the weapons of your warfare by confessing with your mouth and believing in your heart that:
- You love and speak the truth who is Jesus
- You are clothed with God’s righteousness (confessing and forsaking any known and unknown sin to Christ, pleading his blood)
- You are ready to share the gospel of Christ with others
- You are crucified with Christ and you only live by the faith that is in Christ in you,
- You nullify by that faith any negative thought or idea that may come to you as you pray under each guide above
- You have confessed with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believed in your heart that God raised him from the dead, therefore you know that you are saved.
- You have the word of God in your mouth and in your heart to slay any negative thought or idea or evil, or works of the devil
- You are praying in the Spirit, listening to God in quietness and solitude, persisting in prayer and supplicating for all believers welfare
- Pray for each person on this list that each of us will be given the utterance, to boldly make known the mystery of the gospel
Praise and Thanksgiving
- Praise God on each guide that He is great and awesome God and that none of these requests are impossible to Him, none of them can be compared to Him, none of them can contend with Him, none of them can resist His will, He is the Omnipotent God, He is the Almighty God, He is the El-Shadai, Adonai, the giver of life, the Creator of all things, He alone is God and He alone deserves our praise. All the Glory, Honor, Power, Knowledge, Wisdom, Love, Grace and Splendor belongs to Him
- Thank God for each request believing and claiming that He has already answered them. Thank him for victory, Thank Him for restoration, thank him for relationships, thank him for power and authority to lead and rule and to dominate all things and thank him for the transformed communities of faith, hope and love.