Our prayer this year is for power to rule in the midst of our enemies. I believe it is God’s will to elevate his people to sit with Yeshua Ha Mashiach in heavenly places until he makes their enemies a footstool for their feet. The Lord is stretching out his scepter of power from Zion and giving authority to all who will believe to rule in the midst of their enemies, those enemies who are preventing them from enjoying all the blessings, of life, joy, peace, holiness, righteousness, purpose and prosperity that God has for them. Use this as your guide, as we pray for the restoration of God’s people back to His divine favor – saved and sanctified, Jew and Gentile and please, allow the Holy Spirit to be your Supreme Guide
Main Scriptural Reference:
Psalms 110 : 4.The Lord has sworn and will not change His mind, “You are a priest forever: According to the order of Melchizedek.”
- Thank God for his bounteous provisions, care and love for humanity, the Jews, the Church and the world
- Thank Him for the great things He has done, He created the world, He determined their boundaries, He created man in his own image, He gave him rulership over everything he had created, and when we messed up he didnt give up on us He came seeking to save us and restore all that we lost
- Thank Him for dying on the cross for our sins, to re-establish his covenant with us, to heal us, save us and establish His kingdom in our hearts and on earth.
- Praise God for He is – the Creator, Redeemer, Elohim (God), El Shaddai (Almighty), El Elyon (Most High), El Olam (the Everlasting God), Adonai (Master), Yahweh (The I Am that I Am, the Lord, Jehovah, Yodh He Waw He, Tetragammaton), Jehovah Nissi (My Banner), Jehovah Rah (My Shepherd), Jehovah Rapha (My My Healer), Jehovah Shammah (He is there), Jehovah Tsidkhenu (My Righteousness), Jehovah Mekoddishkem (The Lord Who Sanctifies Me), Jehovah Jireh (My Provider), Jehovah Shalom (My Peace), Jehovah Sabaoth (The Lord of Hosts). Jehovah Qanna (The Jealous God), El Roi (The God Who Sees Me), The Holy One of Israel and of all the nations
- Praise His Holy name, praise Him for his mighty works, of creation, of promise, of salvation, of deliverance, of victory, of his love, mercy, grace and truth
- Confess and forsake every sin known and unknown to the Lord: the sin of idolatry, immorality, selfishness, unforgiveness, lies, in your life, in your family, in your community, city, state, country and all nations of the world
- Repent for not doing the Lord’s work as you should and repent for not fighting his battles as you should (Jeremiah 48:10) to destroy the works of the devil: taking back what he has stolen, releasing those bound to death and rebuilding what he has destroyed
- Offer your body, soul and spirit to the Lord as your living sacrifice, everything that you are, have and hope to be offer it to him, your time, your substance, your resources, your finances, your knowledge, wisdom, intellect, emotions, strength, and everything. Ask the Lord for grace, mercy and power to live for him in holiness, serve him faithfully and do his will completely.
- Earnestly seek for the fruit of the Holy Spirit to be manifested in your life enabling you to deny fleshly desires, crucify them by faith, grow in love, joy and peace and in the power of the Holy Spirit (Gal.5:16-22 & I Cor.12-14).
- Knock on the door of the Holy Spirit, hunger and thirst to be filled with the power and gifts of the Holy Spirit to enable you pray through under the anointing and do his will.
- Praise God for salvation among the Jews – about 130,000 worldwide are Messianic believers – 0.01% of their population),
- Pray that God will turn away ungodliness from Israel and open the hearts and minds of the remaining 14 millions Jews worldwide to accept Yeshua as their Messiah in fulfillment of His covenant with Israel.
- Praise God for the nations and the world -(Click here for the list of countries)
- 54 countries in Africa
- 48 in Asia
- 44 in Europe
- 33 in Latin America/Caribbean
- 14 in Oceania
- 2 in Northern America
- Pray that God will judge all wickedness and evil in all the nations, save the millions of souls held under the bondage of Sin and Satan especially in the unreached nations of the world and restore back to Himself and to His kingdom the glory of His Holy name (Click this link to see a list of all unreached nations of the world).
- Praise God for your city (and Philadelphia and its suburbs), for the victories, answered prayers, and Praise Him for his plan for the city, to elevate his people, sit them up in heavenly places in Christ Jesus until all their enemies are placed under their feet.
- Praise God for Discovery Ministries and the online prayer group participants, for their spiritual fortitude and answers to prayers.
- Pray that God will empower Discovery Ministries to establish the ministry with all the resources needed to rule over the forces of darkness, take captivity captive, and help friends and neighbors encounter God, develop personal relationships with Yeshua, discover their spiritual gifts, serve their communities and change their world
- Pray that this ministry will reach out to 250 people with the gospel before the end of the year and that 12-15 believers will emerge out of this effort to become the nucleus of the ministry under the direction of the Holy Spirit by the end of the year
- Pray that a 5 member committee of Discovery Ministries will be established during the first quarter of the year to begin planning for a prayer conference to be organized in 2021 in an identified city under the direction of the Holy Spirit
- Praise God for your own nation, country, tribe, city, community, family, friends and ministry for God’s restorative acts and blessing
- Pray scriptural prayers (Ps.110) that God will strengthen your faith, stretch forth his scepter of power and anoint you with the priestly office of the Holy Spirit to rule over your enemies camp, take back all that he has stolen, and restore the blessing of Abraham over your people, country, nation, community, family, friends, and ministry
- Put on by faith the weapons of your warfare by making the following confessions aloud:
- I confess that I love and speak the truth of God’s Word who is Yeshua Hamashiach – Jesus the Christ
- I confess that I am clothed with God’s righteousness who is Christ the LORD:
- I confess and forsake any known sin (mention them by name, including impure thoughts, slander, lies, lusts, gluttony, etc) and unknown sins to Christ,
- I sprinkle the blood of Yeshua over my body which is the temple of God totally yielded to his worship and service
- I confess that I am ready to share the gospel with others
- I confess that I am crucified with Christ and I live by the faith of Christ that is in me
- I nullify any negative thought or idea that may come to my mind as I pray
- I confess with my mouth that Yeshua is my Lord and Savior.
- I believe in my heart that God raised him from the dead. Therefore, I know I am saved according to Romans 10:9,10
- Now take each main thought under prayer points 1 through 16 above and pray against any negative force, or power, or spiritual wickedness, or system, or principality, or spiritual rulers, or demons, or witchcraft, or the devil himself – Satan that may be working against the main idea under each prayer point to thwart the purpose and will of God.
- Bind and rout them out and place them under the feet of Jesus. Interject this with praises and thanksgiving to God for the victory.
- Wait for spiritual guidance under each main idea – You are praying in the Spirit, therefore intermittently be quiet and listen to the Holy Spirit. He will drop ideas for praise and prayer into your mind or circumstance or as you read these pages, be persistent in prayer, supplicating for all believers’ welfare
- Pray for each person by name on this team (look for an attachment) that each of us will be given the spiritual gift and blessing to boldly make known the mystery of the gospel to this generation and the next!!
Praise and Thanksgiving
- Praise God for each main thought on this prayer list. Praise God for his greatness, Praise Him for His awesomeness Praise Him that none of these requests are impossible to Him, none of them can be compared to Him, none of them can contend with Him, none of them can resist His will. He is the Omnipotent God, He is the Almighty God, He is the El-Shaddai, Adonai, the giver of life, the Creator of all things, The Redeemer, The Burden Bearer, The Great Warrior, The Restorer of our Blessing, He alone is God and He alone deserves our praise.
- Give Him All the Glory, Honor, Power, Dominion, Knowledge, Wisdom, Love, Grace, Mercy, Majesty and Splendor that belongs only to Him
- Thank God for each answered prayer believing and claiming that He has already answered them. Thank him for victory, Thank Him for restoration, thank him for relationships, thank him for power and authority to lead and rule and to dominate all things and thank him for transformed communities of faith, hope, and love.
Other Scriptural References
Genesis 1:28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
Psalm 14: 7 Oh that the salvation of Israel were come out of Zion! When the Lord bringeth back the captivity of his people, Jacob shall rejoice, and Israel shall be glad.
Jeremiah 31:7 For thus saith the Lord; sing with gladness for Jacob and shout among the chief of the nations: proclaim ye, praise ye and say, Oh Lord, save thy people, the remnant of Israel.
Matthew 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
II Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things have become new
1 Corinthians 4:20 For the kingdom of God is not in word but in power.
Romans 14:17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink, but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.
II Corinthians 10:3-5 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;) Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ
Ephesians 6:12-13 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
Psalms 110:1 The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool. 2 The Lord shall send the rod of thy strength out of Zion: rule thou in the midst of thine enemies. 3 Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth. 4 The Lord hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek. 5 The Lord at thy right hand shall strike through kings in the day of his wrath. 6 He shall judge among the heathen, he shall fill the places with the dead bodies; he shall wound the heads over many countries. 7 He shall drink of the brook in the way: therefore shall he lift up the head.
Report on 2019 Prayer Points
Some revelations during our prayer and quiet times with the Lord included:
- God has already won the battle for N.E. Philadelphia, we only need to praise him continuously
- God himself is our partner in ministry and we should consult Him on any business matter
- God is committed to answering every prayer we make for this ministry
- This ministry will be developing leaders in church planting and community transformation ministries
- God’s strategy for reaching all nations in our generation must begin in Jerusalem (Acts 1:8). The Church must prioritize the gospel to the Jew FIRST and the unreached nations or people groups of the world according to Romans 1:16
- Perform prayer walks in the community praying for spiritual hunger, and forgiveness of sin (slander)
- Knock on doors with the gospel message.
- Go to the mountains to seek my face – get away from the clutter of noise and the busy-ness of life and spend quality time in solitude seeking God, praying, interceding, meditating, and waiting on the Lord.
- God wants his Word to be made flesh in our lives just like the Son of God who is the Word of God became flesh and dwelt among us. He wants his word to be so much part of us that He can speak through us to recreate the world to restore it to his glory
Milestones accomplished during the year:
- The proposed name for the ministry has been changed to Discovery Ministries in line with our vision as it unfolds
- Shared the Word with friends and neighbors on Easter Saturday, July 4thand during the year
- Participated in a Church Multiplication Network program of the Assemblies of God, networked with other passionate church planters
- Started a Prayer Line Conference in June 2019 with an average attendance of 12 people enjoying a marvelous time of seeking God, experiencing his presence, love, anointing and answer to prayers
- Financially supporting two Messianic Jewish ministries in Israel
Discovery Ministries Challenges for 2020
- Continue fasting and prayer for directions and manifestation of God’s glory and praise
- Complete cultivate coaching plan
- Complete a doctorate program in Christian ministry
- Consult with AG Pendel District on church plant in northeast Philadelphia
- Begin developing relationships with Jewish neighbors and groups in the community
- Continue to seek relationships with multi-ethnic individuals and groups in the community
- Organize lunch and dinner parties to reach out to neighbors – Easter Brunch, July 4th, Alpha Program
- Set up a team of 5 to begin planning for prayer conferences in 2021 with the goal of praying for individual and community needs, empowering local believers on church planting and equipping the youth to be spiritual leaders in their communities
- Launch a youth mentorship program to introduce them to making wise choices and enhance their moral leadership skills to help others.
- Meet with local Church leaders to learn from them
- Complete Strategic Plan for a new church plant
- Recruit core team for church launch project planning and fundraising